Support Safer Streets and Better Transit — Give to Streetsblog Denver
Since Streetsblog Denver launched in 2015, the site has become the city’s leading voice for better transit, biking, and walking — and we couldn’t do it without your support.
If you value Streetsblog’s coverage of streets and transportation policy in the Mile High City, help us continue our work by scheduling a donation now for Colorado Gives Day, December 6.
The original reporting and commentary we produce relies on the generosity of people who understand that our streets must be transformed to create a safe, equitable, and sustainable transportation system. That’s why Streetsblog watchdogs elected officials, presses government agencies, and elevates the voices of advocates and everyday Denverites who want better streets.
In the 18 months since we launched, Streetsblog Denver has:
- Pushed Vision Zero, a commitment to eliminating traffic deaths and serious injuries, from the fringes to the center of City Hall’s transportation policy framework.
- Beat the drum to build sidewalks citywide and make Denver a true transit city.
- Highlighted unacceptable street conditions to compel positive change.
- Told the stories of people who lost their lives just trying to cross the street — and questioned threadbare police reports — while other outlets barely skim the surface of these preventable tragedies.
- Pressed the governor and the mayor to halt a short-sighted highway widening, and held public agencies accountable for spending resources on an outdated, car-centric approach to streets that doesn’t work for modern Denver.
- Amplified advocates and residents who want to make Denver streets more people-oriented and equitable.
- Countered lazy media coverage that attempts to stop the changes needed to bring our streets into the 21st century.
- Highlighted the city’s progress project by project.
Your donation will help Streetsblog Denver continue to produce coverage that wins tangible changes for our streets.
If you’ve donated to Streetsblog Denver before, your continued support is essential. If this is your first time, it will make a huge difference in the coming weeks, months, and years. Please support our reporting and advocacy work by giving what you can. Thank you.
Streetsblog Denver is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. All donations are tax deductible. Thanks to Colorado Gives and the Community First Foundation.