Today Is the Perfect Day to Donate to Streetsblog Denver
Today is Colorado Gives Day. If you value Streetsblog Denver as the best source for information about the policies that affect walking, biking, and transit in the Mile High City, help us continue our mission by giving a tax-deductable, year-end donation.
Streetsblog Denver advances sustainable transportation and livable streets — pedestrian, transit, and bicycle friendly streets. The original reporting and commentary we produce relies on the generosity of people who understand that our streets must be transformed to move people more sustainably, safely, and equitably.
Your donation will help secure the future of a news outlet aimed at creating tangible change, not clickbait. After just seven months, Streetsblog Denver has already:
- Pushed Vision Zero, a commitment to reaching zero traffic deaths and serious injuries, from the fringes to the center of City Hall’s transportation policy framework.
- Held public agencies accountable for spending resources on an outdated, car-centric approach to streets that doesn’t work for modern Denver.
- Helped defeat a tone-deaf campaign that blamed pedestrians for getting hit by drivers.
- Acted as a nerve center for advocates and gave a voice to residents who want to make Denver’s streets more people-oriented and equitable.
- Countered lazy media coverage that attempts to stop the changes needed to bring our streets into the 21st century.
If you’ve donated to Streetsblog Denver before, your continued support is essential. If this is your first time, it will make a monumental difference in the coming weeks, months, and years. Please help support our reporting and advocacy work by giving what you can. Thank you.
Streetsblog Denver is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. All donations are tax deductible. Thanks to our donors, CNDC, the Community First Foundation, and ColoradoGives.org for their support.