Tuesday’s Headlines 7/6/2021: Lots of news to follow the long weekend
Denver, RTD, and the Metro Area
- Pedestrian hit, killed by bus in Denver little information has been released (9 News)
- Reasons To Love Denver 2021: Streets For The People (Daily Colorado News)
- How Denver’s harsh winters are wreaking havoc on the RTD’s oldest rail lines (Denverite)
- Denver’s Inspiration Level Park Will Get New Playground, Picnic Space With Shadow Pavilion (Daily Colorado News)
- RTD warns of delays on H and R lines due to maintenance (Denver Post)
- Capitol Hill residents fencing off parkways to keep homeless away from properties (KDVR)
- House bill includes money RTD urgently needs for track upgrades (RT&S)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 44 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 61 (Moderate)
- Biking, walking trails could see benefits from proposed infrastructure bill (The Denver Channel)
- Add Road Salts To The Long List Of Things Killing Colorado Trees (Colorado Public Radio)
- SUV Crashes Into Pool Pump House In Jefferson County (CBS Denver)
- Gov. Polis signs climate bill, issues order affirming cap-and-trade opposition (Colorado Newsline)
- 3 fatal crashes over 4 days in Aurora (Sentinel Colorado)
- Frisco resident starts petition to restrict short-term rentals (Summit Daily)
- Colorado’s redistricting commissions are holding public hearings. Here’s where and how you can get involved. (The Colorado Sun)
- VIDEO: Deputies Searching For Road Rage Suspect Who Stopped In The Middle Of I-25 (CBS Local)
- Lots of Fireworks in Tuesday’s Headlines (Streetsblog USA)
- Multi-State Climate Plan Fails To Please All Advocates (Streetsblog USA)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.