Today’s Headlines 7/1/21 – Bicycling is more than a trend
Denver, RTD, and the Metro Area
- The best ways to explore metro Denver by bike “Cycling is second nature in Colorado” (Denver Post)
- Gov. Polis signs bill creating Front Range Passenger Rail District — but new line is far from a sure thing (Denver Post)
- $44K Grant To Create Night Markets Under Colfax Viaduct (Patch)
- Letters: Longmont growth; RTD feedback (Times-Call)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 43 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 115 (Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups)
- CDOT’s new campaign shares ‘Reasons’ to wear a seat belt through street art across Colorado, including downtown Greeley (Greeley Tribune)
- Cyclist dies after colliding with truck in north Fort Collins (Coloradoan)
- Colorado takes its biggest step yet toward a Front Range passenger train system (The Colorado Sun)
- New Micro-Mobility Program Coming in July (North Forty News)
- Grand Junction awarded $137,000 Main Street grant (Colorado Politics)
- Thursday’s Headlines Are Built for Speed (Streetsblog USA)
- An American Buys an E-Bike Every 52 Seconds (Streetsblog USA)
- Talking Headways Podcast: Coordinating Pandemic Transit (Streetsblog USA)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.