Wednesday’s Headlines 6/30/21: A bus is a terrible thing to waste
Denver, RTD, and the Metro Area
- Former RTD buses abandoned on city street (KDVR)
- Heads Up Denver Shoppers, Bag Fee Takes Effect This Week (CBS Local)
- Denver has cleared out more homeless camps in 6 months than all of 2020 (Denver Post)
- RTD delays commuter line from Denver to Thornton (Colorado Politics)
- John Laing : increases equity stake in Denver commuter rail project (Market Screener)
- City Council to vote on rezoning Denver’s Sloan’s Lake neighborhood for granny flats (Denver Gazette)
- Denver Uber driver out of work after hit-and-run crash with uninsured driver (The Denver Channel)
- Denver airport CEO nominee brings rich experience in transportation — just not in running airports (The Denver Post)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 31 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 46 (Good)
- CDOT launches “Reasons to Buckle Up” campaign (KRDO)
- CDOT Reaches Out To Neighboring States To Help Drivers Avoid I-70 As Threat Of Mudslides Continues (CBS Local)
- Gas prices soar to seven-year high and are likely to continue rising as if you needed another reason not to drive (Denver Gazette)
- Police man crashed stolen tow truck outside of Greeley police headquarters injured officer (Denver Gazette)
- Colorado gas stations running out of fuel, but supply isn’t to blame (Fox 31)
- Wednesday’s Headlines Will Melt Your Face (Streetsblog USA)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.