Thursday’s Headlines 6/24/2021: Traffic deaths involving Black Americans spiked during COVID
Denver, RTD, and the Metro Area
- Traffic Deaths Involving Black Americans Spiked During COVID (BET)
- RTD facilitating conversations about safety with riders and RTD leaders (Fox 31)
- Man dies after crashing into Aurora gas station (9 News)
- One person killed in rollover crash on Evans Avenue Thursday morning (Fox 31)
- Work On The Highline Canal Trail Underpass Closes Parker Road In Denver (Daily Colorado News)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 56 (Moderate). Yesterday’s max: 84 (Moderate)
- Crossing Main Street is all about the timing (Aspen Times)
- CDOT begins work on interchange reconstruction at Powers and Research (KRDO)
- City takes back control of several streets from CDOT (Journal Advocate)
- A Study Finds That Crash Injuries in 5 States Rose After They Legalized Marijuana Use but Not After They Allowed Marijuana Sales (Reason)
- Thursday’s Headlines Are Getting Hot in Here (Streetsblog USA)
- In God We Trust; Everyone Else Bring Data (Streetsblog USA)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.