Tuesday’s Headlines 01/26/2021 and Shovel Your Sidewalk If You Have One
Denver and the Metro Area
- Mayor Hancock and Councilwoman Sandoval (District 1) host virtual Cabinet in the Community for northwest Denver residents tonight at 6 p.m. (Zoom registration, Facebook, Colorado Politics)
- In Denver, getting the coronavirus vaccine may depend on where you live and your access to transportation (Colorado Sun)
- Another story on the UCHealth Coors Field vaccination drive-through event this weekend that doesn’t mention people walking, biking, or riding public transit (CBS4)
- As Polis pushes, RTD leaders want dialogue on long-delayed Longmont train (9News)
- The RTD Board of Directors meets tonight at 5:30 p.m. (Agenda with dial-in number and briefing from CEO Debra Johnson)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 11 a.m.: 53 (Moderate). Yesterday’s max: 66 (Moderate).
- CDOT: “The biggest thing we can’t mitigate isn’t nature, it’s driver behavior” (KRDO)
- Colorado driver’s license art contest includes serene mountainscapes instead of harrowing streetscapes (CBS4)
- Fort Collins: Plan for former Hughes Stadium property addresses equity in housing, transportation, child care, and health – including a transit center! (CSU)
- Tuesday’s Headlines Because You’re on a Roll (Streetsblog USA)
- What the History of Autonomous Vehicles Can Teach About Our Transportation Future (Streetsblog USA)
We’re seeking guest commentaries.
Do you have an idea for a guest commentary? Fill out this form.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.