Friday’s Headlines 01/22/2021 and a Data Analysis Abomination
Denver and the Metro Area
- “Is RTD being downsized or rightsized?” by Fox31’s digital data reporter is a data analysis abomination, so remember to breathe and don’t throw your phone across the room when you read it (Fox31)
- Meanwhile, here’s a well-researched, well-written story by Nathaniel Minor, who interviews multiple sources to provide context to numbers: RTD To Bring Back Laid-Off Drivers As State Looks Into Retention Issues (CPR)
- RTD, flush with COVID relief money, is calling back laid-off employees (Denver Post)
- Audit blames RTD supervisory, scheduling practices for high turnover that’s affected service (Denver Business Journal)
- More than 4,800 experience power outage in Denver, Lakewood, including the RTD W Line (Fox31)
- 16th Street Mall Visitors Trending Closer To Average Despite Pandemic (CBS4)
- More on the upcoming 16th Street Mall renovation, which will include 10-feet-wide sidewalks and move bus lanes to the middle (CBS4, Fox31, Denver Business Journal, Downtown Denver Partnership)
- More on Denver’s public safety department ditching the group charged with reimagining local policing (9News, Colorado Politics)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 49 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 48 (Good).
- President Joe Biden’s Climate Action Plan Will Have A Big Impact On Colorado (CBS4)
- Opponents urge federal board to reject revival of Tennessee Pass railroad along Arkansas, Eagle rivers (Colorado Sun)
- School Transportation News honors Jeremy Silva, Alamosa School District’s transportation coordinator, in “The Industry’s Front-Line Heroes: School Bus Drivers and Monitors” (School Transportation News)
- Friday’s Headlines As We Look to the Future (Streetsblog USA)
- Highlights from Pete Buttigieg’s Confirmation Hearing for USDOT Secretary (Streetsblog USA)
We’re seeking guest commentaries.
Do you have an idea for a guest commentary? Fill out this form.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.