Monday’s Headlines 3/30/20
- As Roads Empty To COVID-19, Drivers Who Remain Are Speeding Up. Here’s How to Slow Them Down. (Streetsblog USA)
- National headlines at Streetsblog USA
- Yes, Denver’s air is less polluted because nobody’s driving anywhere (Denverite)
- RTD told employees a coworker tested positive for COVID-19 and then found out it wasn’t true (Denverite)
- Driver seriously injured in crash with (stopped) RTD bus (9News)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 8 a.m.: 41 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 47 (Good).
Centennial State & Beyond
- Officials amend orders on essential businesses to add bike shops, but not other outdoor recreation (CO Politics)
- Pueblo transit service shrinks; CDOT suspends Bustang (Pueblo Chieftain & Denver Post)
- Job #1: Protect Transit Workers (TransitCenter)
- We’ll Need To Reopen Our Cities. But Not Without Making Changes First. (CityLab)
- Strategic design can help car-free streets gain popularity post-coronavirus (Smart Cities Dive)
Support Streetsblog Denver. Give $5 per month.