Friday’s Headlines & Traffic Violence Report 3/20/20
- During COVID-19, Lime and Bird pull back; Spin steps up (Streetsblog USA)
- National headlines at Streetsblog USA
Traffic Violence Report
- New Bike Persona project aims to celebrate the diversity of people who bike and why (Denver Streets Partnership)
- When Tennyson Street changes again, locals will be ready to preserve the commercial feel forged in Denver’s streetcar era (Denverite)
- Denver is suspending (most) parking restrictions (The Denver Channel)
- You still CANNOT park in bike and/or transit lanes
- Some heroes wear an RTD uniform (Denver Post YourHub)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 8 a.m.: 31 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 51 (Moderate).
Centennial State & Beyond
- Everything you need to know about riding your bike during the COVID outbreak (Bicycle Colorado)
- Is Free Transit Safer? As Ridership Drops, Some Agencies Cut Fares. (CityLab)
- How Transit Agencies Are Responding to the COVID-19 Public Health Threat (Transit Center)
- America’s mass transit agencies need a bailout, too (Vox)
Support the nonprofit mission of Streetsblog Denver. Give $5 per month.