Friday’s Headlines 4/9/21: Polis supports local transit but won’t pay for it
Tomorrow: Show your support for a car-free route through City Park at the Parks are for People Rally at 11 a.m.
- Traffic Violence Report: 15 People have Died from Denver Traffic Violence in 2021, Keeping Pace with 2020 (Streetsblog Denver)
- Friday’s Headlines Because We’ve All Had Enough of This Week (Streetsblog USA)
- Talking Headways Podcast: Promoting Vibrant Street Commerce (Streetsblog USA)
Denver, RTD, and the Metro Area
- RTD Needs Reform, Not More State Money, Says Polis “So we’re certainly not about to give them money, but the state absolutely supports local transit.” Governor, we’re going to need some clarification on this one. (Colorado Public Radio)
- Denver transit board plans to restart rail line planning (The Denver Channel)
- RTD-Denver’s board OKs ‘mid-level approach’ for Northwest rail (Progressive Railroading)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 49 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 61 (Moderate).
- Skateboarder hit, killed by multiple vehicles in Fort Collins Wednesday evening (The Denver Channel)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.