Monday’s Headlines 02/01/2021 and January Traffic Violence Report
- Denver Traffic Violence Report: Two People Died Last Week After DFD Crash and Six Have Died in 2021 (Streetsblog Denver)
Denver and the Metro Area
- RTD customers can now use 2020 10-Ride and Access-a-Ride ticket books through 2021 (RTD)
- RTD meetings this week: Tue 5:30 p.m. Board of Directors; Wed 9 a.m. GM Oversight & Performance Management Committee (RTD agendas)
- Editorial: We support Denver’s group living proposal [which would give people more choices for where to live and therefore more mobility choices] (Denver Post)
- Denver City Council meetings this week: Mon 5 p.m. General Public Comment Session; Mon 5:30 p.m. City Council; Tue 9:30 a.m. Mayor-Council; Tue 10:30 a.m. Land Use Transportation Infrastructure Committee; Tue 1:30 p.m. Finance Governance Committee; Wed 10 a.m. Safety Housing Education Homelessness Committee; Thu 9:30 a.m. Budget and Policy Committee (City Council agendas)
- More (virtual) public meetings:
- Denver Air Quality Index: 9 a.m.: 51 (Moderate). Yesterday’s max: 51 (Moderate).
- Coloradans driving over 50 mph not as safe as they may think, new AAA study finds (Denver Post), and Westword readers respond (Westword)
- Grand Junction Bustang loading, drop-off locations moving south (Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, Western Slope Now)
- Feds delay decision on Colorado Midland bid to revive Tennessee Pass Line (RealVail)
- Monday’s National Headlines from the Sun to the Snow (Streetsblog USA)
- Why America Can’t Rein in Teen Speeding (Streetsblog USA)
Do you like to write? Would you like to write about a Denver or Colorado mobility issue?
We’re seeking guest commentaries. Tell us your idea for a guest column.
We’re a nonprofit and we rely on the donations of our fans and readers. Give $5 per month.