Friday’s Headlines 10/23/20
- Weekly Traffic Violence Report – 44 killed on Denver streets
- Back on Track: A Delicate Balance in District I (Streetsblog Denver)
- How Auto Insurers Subsidize Car Carnage (Streetsblog USA)
- National headlines at Streetsblog USA
- One sentence in east Denver’s plan for change sums up how some wealthy and low-income neighborhoods see growth and development (Denverite)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 8 a.m.: 35 (Good). Yesterday’s max: 80 (Moderate).
Centennial State & Beyond
- Appeals Court Says Uber and Lyft Must Treat California Drivers as Employees (The New York Times)
- The Pandemic Kick-Started an Urban Motorcycle Boom. Are Cities Ready? (CityLab)
- Uber’s Self-Driving Car Killed Someone. Why Isn’t Uber Being Charged? (Slate)
- Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo To Make Good On Pledge To Remove Half Of City’s Car Parking Spaces (Forbes)
Streetsblog is free to all. But we can’t do it without you. Give $5 per month.