- Advocates: Mayor Hancock’s transportation budget is not enough. Sidewalks need more funding now. Going forward, the city must find new sources of money. (Streetsblog Denver)
- Commentary: Federal transportation policy is undermining progress on climate. (Streetsblog USA)
- Five ways Trump is wrong in banning Colorado and other states from setting stricter emissions standards. (Streetsblog USA)
Covering Climate Now
Streetsblog is partnering with the Covering Climate Now initiative to strengthen climate coverage. News organizations we highlight here may not be participating.
- “We’re losing the race”: UN Secretary General calls climate change an “emergency.” (The Guardian via Streetsblog Denver)
- The climate activist group Extinction Rebellion uses theatrical acts of civil disobedience to push Coloradans to take action. (CPR)
- Where Coloradans are rallying during a week of global climate activism. (Westword)
- Drive Electric Week: Check out electric vehicles today at City Hall. (Westword) (Event details)
- Boulder considers ditching RTD to meet its transportation goals; looks at new funding sources. “Regionally, we know that RTD cannot provide the level of service we need.” (Denver Post)
- RTD’s board members will reconsider its vote against leasing a “gravel pit” near Civic Center Station to the National Medal of Honor Museum. (Denver Post, Denverite, 9 News)
- Opinion: RTD’s board botched Denver’s chances of landing the museum. (Denver Post)
- Colorado will fight the Trump administration’s move to block state vehicle emission rules. (Denver Post, Denver7)
- Nearly a third of fatal crashes in Colorado involve impairment. (KOAA)
- The drunk scooter rider who crashed into a cop last weekend was not the first charged with DUI. (Westword)
- Oct. 2 is Walk to School Day, kicking off WALKtober. (Summit Daily)
- Bustang adds Steamboat to the list of ski areas it will serve this winter. (Denver Post)
- Boulder continues testing electric scooters ahead of lifting its ban. (Daily Camera)
- Denver Air Quality Index: 6 a.m.: 50 Good. Yesterday’s max: 55 Moderate.
- National headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Streetsblog is free to all. But we can’t do it without you. Give $5 per month.