At Denver Union Station, a sign indicates that test trains for the G-Line operate from platform seven. Photo: Andy Bosselman
- The G-Line from Denver to Arvada and Wheat Ridge will finally open April 26. (Streetsblog Denver)
- Mother under investigation for possible child abuse after driving SUV into the Arkansas River near Pueblo, seriously injuring her eight and 10-year-old girls. (Denver Post)
- “Ian Fitzgerald O’Connor was sentenced to 34 years in prison for killing 63-year-old [motorcyclist] Paul Dacko, Sr. while speeding in his vehicle with alcohol and marijuana in his system.” (9 News)
- In new campaign, CDOT encourages drivers to turn on “do not disturb while driving” feature on mobile phones to help cut the 43 crashes per day linked to distracted driving. (9 News)
- In Colorado, 15,673 crashes in 2018 involved distracted drivers. (Denver Post)
- More on G-Line opening. (5280, Denver Post, CBS4, Denverite, 9 News, CPR)
- 16th Street Mall reconstruction design delayed by federal review. (Denver Business Journal)
- After Aurora voters killed red light cameras, $2.4 million will disappear from the city budget. Cuts are likely to hit mental health, homelessness and other programs. (Aurora Sentinel)
- Centennial’s first transit-oriented development plans to create ‘urban open spaces.’ (Littleton Independent)
- Should the state allow electric vehicles in HOV lanes? (Denver7)
- National headlines at Streetsblog USA.
Better walking. Better biking. Better transit. Support the nonprofit mission of Streetsblog Denver. Give $5 per month.